Providence center opens
Providence Medical Center will open an urgent care facility tomorrow in western Shawnee to meet the minor emergency health needs of residents and area businesses.
The urgent care facility provides the following services:
- General episodic illnesses including sore throats, earaches, bronchitis, colds, flu and upset stomachs.
- Sprains, strains and fracture care.
- Lacerations and burns.
- Simple foreign body removal from eye, ear, nose and skin.
- Care of those injured at work..
- Physicals for school, sports, camp and work
- Assistance in selecting a primary care physician.
- Other health checks such as blood pressure screenings and flu shots.
The new facility is located at 22334 W. 66th St., just west of the Dillons grocery store. It will be open from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays, with special hours on certain holidays.
A physician and support staff will be located in the new office. Fees in the Providence Urgent Care facility will generally be less than those charged in an emergency room. Insurance, credit card, check or cash will be accepted for payment.
Providence Urgent Care participates in most major HMOs and PPOs. Those with insurance are encouraged to contact their health plan to determine if prior approval or pre-certification is required for Urgent Care services.