McCormick paces SJA track at Wellsville
Baldwin High has long been a state powerhouse in distance running, but St. James Academy junior Bridgette McCormick battled the Bulldogs head-on Friday at Wellsville and turned in one of her best meets of the season.
McCormick won the 1,600 meters in 5 minutes, 22.7 seconds, and later placed second in the 800 in 2:22.8.
Amy Feldkamp also had a strong day as she finished fourth in the 3,200 in 12:36.8, Abbie Krause was fourth in the triple jump with a mark of 34 feet, 1/4 inch.
In the boys’ competition, standout sprinter Bay Abbott notched a first-place finish in his signature event, the 400, in 50.3. Abbott also finished third in the 200 in 22.7.
Alex Brisson nabbed a fourth-place finish in the 110 hurdles and a fifth-place finish in the 300 hurdles. Jim Getto took second in the javelin.
More like this story
- Braves, Wildcats go deep seven times as BSHS falls
- Development committee accepting grant applications for facade improvements, sponsoring website training course
- Tonganoxie volleyball handles PRHS
- Leavenworth County Commission agenda: week of Sept. 26
- New yarn for students: Collections help with Cancer Action project