Jaguars steady presence on All-KVL football, volleyball teams
Nine Mill Valley football players received first-team All-Kaw Valley League selections and 17 Jaguars overall were recognized after going 8-0 in league play and cruising to the KVL title.
The Jaguars’ season ended Nov. 2 in a 41-23 loss to Bishop Miege in the first round of the playoffs. During that game, senior wide receiver Staton Rebeck tied a state record with 19 receptions.
A complete list follows.
• Skylar Windmiller, senior quarterback, first team (also honorable mention punter)
• Coleman McCann, senior offensive lineman, first team
• Joe Jerome, senior offensive lineman, first team
• Staton Rebeck, senior wide receiver, first team
• Connor Mills, junior kicker, first team
• Tim Thomas, senior defensive lineman, first team
• Ryan Smith, junior defensive lineman, first team
• Micah Clarke, junior linebacker, first team
• T.J. Phillips, junior linebacker, first team
• Ryan Bath, senior defensive back, first team
• Coltyn Gatton, junior offensive lineman, second team
• L.J. Hatch, senior wide receiver, second team
• Black Miles, senior linebacker, second team
• Lincoln Benson, senior defensive lineman, honorable mention
• Knute Holden, senior offensive lineman, honorable mention
• Evan Applegate, sophomore offensive lineman, honorable mention
• Kendall Short, senior running back, honorable mention
• Zach Hanna, sophomore tight end, honorable mention
Four volleyball players recognized by league
Three Mill Valley juniors — Hannah Billings, Molly Oshinski and Taylor Cowan — were recognized on this year’s All-Kaw Valley League team, and sophomore Maddie Little also received an honorable mention nod.
The selections follow the most successful season in Jaguar volleyball history, in which Mill Valley advanced to its first state tournament and finished with a 32-8 record, the most victories in program history.
The Jaguars also swept the KVL for the first time to capture the league championship.