Eleven Shawnee homes featured on Fall Parade
Eleven model homes in Shawnee will be among those showcased during this year’s Fall Parade of Homes.
Sponsored by the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City, the free homes tour will take place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily between Sept. 29 and Oct. 14. It will feature a total of 242 new homes in a variety of styles and price ranges. A complete listing is available at kcparadeofhomes.com.
Sara Corless, executive director of the HBA of Greater Kansas City, noted that parade participation and area home building are on the upswing due to low mortgage rates, affordable prices and other factors.
According to a Sept. 19 report from the organization, 2,026 single-family permits — including 97 in Shawnee — were issued in the eight-county Kansas City area during the first eight months of this year.
That’s less than a third than the 6,926 issued in 2006, before the subprime mortgage crisis and recession hit. But the 2,026 permits issued from January through August this year was up 35 percent from the same period in 2011.
Following are the single-family homes in Shawnee on this year’s Fall Parade of Homes:
• 22607 W. 60th St., a five-bedroom two-story built by James III Homes, $439,950
• 5726 Charlotte St., a four-bedroom two-story built by Lambie Custom Homes, $369,000
• 5827 Charlotte St., a four-bedroom story-and-a-half built by Rodrock Homes
• 5831 Charlotte St., a five-bedroom two-story built by Summit Custom Homes, sold
• 22418 W. 57th St., a five-bedroom two-story built by Prieb Homes, $379,950
• 12826 W. 49th Terrace, a four-bedroom reverse story-and-a-half built by Moffitt Development
• 20815 W. 68th St., a five-bedroom two-story built by J.S. Robinson Fine homes, $449,950
• 20805 W. 68th Terrace, a four-bedroom story-and-a-half built by Starr Homes, sold
• 21226 W. 46th Terrace, a four-bedroom two-story built by Don Julian Builders
• 5003 Theden, a four-bedroom reverse story-and-a-half built by Magic Building Group, $294,900
• 20603 W. 80th St., a four-bedroom reverse story-and-a-half built by K.C. Builders & Design, $400,000