Shawnee woman one of 2 arrested at Lawrence Walmart on suspicion of theft, criminal damage
A 23-year-old Shawnee woman and a 27-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man were arrested at a Lawrence Wal-Mart Friday and were in Douglas County Jail on Saturday on suspicion of theft and criminal damage.
Melissa Elaine Naumann and Nicholas Ryan Wing were arrested at 3:05 p.m. Friday at the store at 3300 Iowa St. Wing's bond was set at $3,750 and Naumann's was set at $2,750.
Naumann faces the possibility of two charges of theft of items valued at around $500 each, one charge of removing an electronic detection device and one charge of criminal damage to property.
Wing faces the same charges and a felony obstruction charge. He has three previous convictions in Johnson County, two for drug possession and one for aggravated escape from custody. Wing was released from an unspecified state correctional facility in May, according to the state department of corrections website.
More like this story
- Area newspaper publishers allege Johnson County Commission poised to violate state regulations on legal notices
- Linwood Lions Club pancake breakfast is Saturday
- Face to Face: Baldwin City administrative assistant Tamara Hagerman
- Resurrection Cemetery observance planned
- BJHS/BHS heat-adjusted practices times for today