SM North football shut out, drops to 0-2
Leavenworth dropped the Shawnee Mission North football team to 0-2 on Friday, handing the Indians a 33-0 loss.
The Indians couldn't muster much of anything on offense, finishing with just four first downs compared to Leavenworth's 18.
SM North's freshman quarterback Will Schnieder finished with 66 yards on 4 of 13 passing, and the Indians converted just one of 12 third-down attempts.
SM North trailed 13-0 at halftime before a 14-point third quarter by Leavenworth put the game well out of reach.
Landry Hodges led Leavenworth with 169 passing yards and two touchdowns. Meanwhile, Jason Randall ran for 147 yards on 16 carries and took a reception 59 yards for a score.
Mike Williams led SM North with 30 yards on seven carries as the Pioneers held SM North to just 23 rushing yards and 89 yards of total offense. Leavenworth, meanwhile, finished with 389 yards of offense. On defense, Greg Sloan and Reggie Rivers led the Indians with six tackle apiece and Jacob Guthrie came up with one sack.
SM North will next play Olathe North at 7 p.m. Thursday.
More like this story
- Cougars drop sixth straight as district football begins
- Olathe North's running game too much for SM North
- Cougars roll on northside
- Briefly: SMN swimming, basketball; Maranatha basketball
- #ShawneeSports football roundup: Lopsided wins for Mill Valley, St. James; blowout losses for SM North, SM Northwest