SMSD starting work on new administrative building
At 8 a.m. Thursday, the Shawnee Mission school district will break ground on a new Center for Academic Achievement.
The building, to be located at the former Antioch Middle School site, 8200 W. 71st St. in Overland Park, will combine the administrative centers currently in use across the district and house some of SMSD’s signature programs.
It will be built using capital outlay funds, which are a portion of the district’s budget that can only be used for large infrastructure projects.
More like this story
- SMSD board approves sale of administrative building
- Shawnee Mission School District Superintendent Jim Hinson announces retirement
- All-around excitement: Gymnastics to remain in SMSD for 2017-2018 school year
- SMSD superintendent highlights new mindset at fall breakfast
- Shawnee Mission School District showcases new state-of-the-art achievement building