Archive for Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Shawnee home damaged by late-night fire

March 10, 2015, 2:53 a.m.

Updated: March 10, 2015, 7:16 a.m.

A charred dryer sits in the driveway of 6713 Stearns following a Monday night fire.

A charred dryer sits in the driveway of 6713 Stearns following a Monday night fire.

A dryer is being cited as the cause of a late-night house fire in Shawnee.

Firefighters were called to 6713 Stearns around 10:30 Monday night.

Shawnee Fire Marshal Corey Sands said, "It was a dryer fire that quickly caught the garage on fire."

A contractor who was boarding up the home said the fire caused extensive damage to the garage.

"Shawnee Fire knocked it out quick, it doesn't look like there is any fire damage to the living areas," he said.

The homeowner was not injured and is receiving assistance from a neighbor and the Red Cross.

No other details have been released.

An Operation 100 News report.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.