Shawnee Chamber looking for local businesses to participate in Small Business Saturday
In 2010, American Express founded Small Business Saturday to help businesses with bring in more customers and the Shawnee Chamber piloted the program in Shawnee last year with great results.
The day encourages people to shop small businesses on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Last year, the Shawnee Chamber of Commerce handed out “passports” to shoppers who could earn a prize if they visited Shawnee’s small businesses. This year, the chamber is participating in the event again and is hoping to make it an even bigger success.
Small businesses interested in participating can contact the chamber office at 913-631-6545 or email Marlene Shirley firstname.lastname@example.org or Elli Bowen email@example.com. Deadline to participate and receive promotional materials from the chamber is Oct. 23.
More like this story
- Shop local: Small Business Saturday is this weekend
- Shawnee businesses prepare for Small Business Saturday
- Shawnee celebrates Small Business Saturday
- Shawnee Chamber of Commerce celebrates National Small Business Week with workshop
- Shawnee Chamber of Commerce to offer social media workshop on Feb. 6