Shawnee Mission School District’s communications department earns awards
The National School Public Relations Association recently presented awards to the Shawnee Mission School District’s communications department.
The department has been honored for its outstanding work in school communication.
Golden Achievement Awards recognize “exemplary work in all aspects of public relations, communication, marketing, and management.”
Publication and Electronic Media Awards recognize outstanding education publications, marketing materials, video, social media, and websites.
The following awards were presented to the department:
- A Golden Achievement Award for District Groundbreaking Community Outreach and Public Engagement
- A Golden Achievement Award for Community Engagement in the Sixth-Grade Configuration Study
- A Golden Achievement Award for #proudtobeSMSD Social Media Engagement
- An Award of Merit (Publications and Electronic Media) was given for the district's video about SM East student Bhavish Dinakar, part of its #proudtobeSMSD video series
- An honorable mention (Publications and Electronic Media) was awarded for the department's "Get Ready for Roundup in the SMSD" communication.