SMN third, SMNW fifth at district swim and dive meet
Overland Park Shawnee Mission North and SM Northwest's boys swim and dive team place third and fifth, respectively, at the district meet at SM South.
The strongest event for the Indians and the Cougars was the 200-yard IM. Northwest freshman Scott Klein won the event with a time of 2:14.01. A trio of Indians — Trey Smith, Bob Collins and Giancarlo Cardona — followed Klein in second through fourth.
Junior Clayton McMillin added a second-place finish in the 100-yard breaststroke for the Indians after clocking in at 1:09.48. McMillin was also a part of SM North's 200-yard medley relay team with Bob Collins, Kaden Venard and Carter Jacobson that took third place.
Northwest senior Brandon Harrell was two spots behind McMillin in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:11.68. The Cougars had another fourth-place finish in the 400-yard freestyle relay after Klein, Will Hauser, Mathew Nolan and Reed Williams posted a total time of 3:52.71.
The Cougars will compete next on Friday at California Trail Middle School, while the Indians will have a quick turn-around with their home triangular on Monday.
More like this story
- Indians, Vikings tie for first on SM North swim and dive senior night
- SMN boys swim and dive wins SMNW triangular; Cougars finish third
- SMN swim and dive 3rd, SM Northwest 6th at SMNW Invitational
- SMNW 11th, SMN 15th at Olathe Swim and Dive Invite
- Boys swim and dive roundup: SMN 2nd, SMNW 5th at SMSD meet; SJA 3rd, MV 5th at BVN Invite