Maranatha boys, girls hoops fall to University Academy Charter
The Maranatha Christian Academy boys and girls basketball teams both dropped their home openers on Tuesday against University Academy Charter.
The Maranatha boys lost, 66-58, despite big nights from the freshmen duo of Andrew Fortin and Jason Friesen. Fortin poured in 20 points, while Friesen had a double-double with 23 points and 15 rebounds. The Eagles are 0-2 on the season.
The Maranatha girls fell to Gryphons, 44-24, in Reggie Hines' first home game as the Eagles coach. The loss moved the Eagles back to the .500 mark at 1-1.
The Eagles will host Northland Christian, Thursday. The girls game will tip at 6 p.m., followed by the boys at 7:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Basketball roundup: De Soto, Mill Valley girls win Huhtamaki Hardwood Classic openers
- Maranatha wins McLouth Invitational boys basketball tournament
- Basketball roundup: Maranatha boys win back-to-back games at home; SJA girls win second straight
- Maranatha boys hoops garners first win; MCA girls fall
- Basketball roundup: St. James girls, boys push past Mill Valley