SM North boys hoops tops KC Northeast, girls lose to St. Teresa’s
Shawnee Mission North's boys basketball team coasted to a 82-64 win over Kansas City Northeast, whole the Indians' girls squad fell on the road to St. Teresa's, 50-35.
The SM North boys (9-4) pounced on Northeast at the beginning of the second quarter with a 10-2 run to stretch its lead to 26-10, and never looked back.
The SM North girls dropped its fourth straight game to fall below .500 at 6-7. The Indians held a 20-18 advantage going into the break in their road matchup against St. Teresa's (14-4), but could not the Stars in the second half.
The Indians will return to Sunflower League play Friday when they travel to Olathe East. The girls will play at 5:30 p.m., followed by the boys at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- SMN basketball swept by Olathe North
- Basketball roundup: Mill Valley, St. James girls win; St. James boys upend Gardner-Edgerton
- Basketball roundup: SMN, SMNW, DHS sweep doubleheaders
- Basketball roundup: SMNW girls top SM East to reach sub-state title game
- Boys basketball roundup: SMNW, SMN end season with sub-state semifinal losses