Olathe woman injured in rollover crash Tuesday morning
An Olathe woman was critically injured in a single car crash at 63rd Street and Pflumm Road early Tuesday morning.
Shawnee Police, Fire, and Johnson County Med-Act were called to the intersection around 12:50 a.m. on a report of a car on its roof.
Firefighters worked for just over an hour to safely extricate a woman from the overturned car.
Johnson County Med-Act Public Information Officer Angela Fera says one woman was transported from the scene in critical condition.
Major Dan Tennis of the Shawnee Police Department said the woman is from Olathe and is expected to live. Tennis said she was not seriously injured.
The crash damaged a fire hydrant, throwing it approximately 75 feet from its base. A street light pole was also knocked over in the crash and a low hanging utility line was damaged.
Maj. Tennis said alcohol and the speed the woman was driving were contributing factors to the crash.
The Shawnee Police Department's Traffic Safety Unit continues to investigate.
More like this story
- Police: Speed and alcohol contributing factors to Pflumm Road crash
- Motorcyclist critically injured in Sunday hit-and-run
- Olathe woman arrested after causing two crashes on Shawnee Mission Parkway
- Shawnee police search for suspected auto burglars
- Alcohol suspected as contributing factor in Sunday morning rollover crash