SM North, Northwest students awarded at tech competition
Groups of Shawnee Mission North and Northwest high school students recently faced a technology challenge and were awarded for their efforts.
Johnson County Community College hosted a Competitive Technology Event, inviting local students to compete in challenges related to technology. SM North and Northwest students earned the following awards:
• Digital Media-Video Production (Visual Storytelling): Jake Horner, Jordan Ray, and Lucas Silva, first place from SM Northwest; Chandler Bado, James Lang, and Abbi Bird, second place from SM Northwest.
• Robotics: Luke Kasunic, Ben Tyrell, and Morris Mwangi from SM Northwest, third place.
• Engineering CAD: Zack Vielhauer from SM Northwest, second place.
• 3D Printing: Deon Richmond from SM Northwest, first place.
• Website Design: Shane Pennington, Daniel Rader, and Tevin Olier from SM North, second place; Jack Kuckelman, Mariah McReynolds, Ethan Block, and Jenna Steinle from SM Northwest, third place.