Christmas in July fundraiser set up for holiday shop
To increase donations during the summer, the Johnson County Christmas Bureau (JCCB) is holding a “Christmas in July” fundraiser through its website.
Fund donated through its website will be used to purchase food and items to stock the agency’s annual holiday shop, which is set for Dec. 2 to Dec. 10 this year.
The location of the shop is to be determined.
The shop is an opportunity for qualified Johnson County residents living in poverty to receive three days worth of food along with toys, gifts, coats, and clothing during the holiday season.
Last year, the JCCB served 13,000 people, including families with children under the age of 18 and elderly residents in nursing homes.
To help support the cause during the Christmas in July campaign, visit the organization’s website at jccb.org and click on the “donate” tab.
More like this story
- Mill Valley pitcher Grauer goes the distance
- Area Students receive Chamber Foundation scholarship
- Landfill group continues to collaborate with Shawnee on new odor, trash pick-up regulations
- Mill Valley students energized by huge response to plans for Relay For Life
- Fans flock to KCK for soccer, baseball