Children’s summer writing course offered in July
The Johnson County Park & Recreation District will offer a way to help prevent a summer learning slide with new creative writing classes being offered for two different age groups in Shawnee.
The classes are called Keep Kids Learning and include one section for ages 6-8, and another for ages 9-12. Both involve four 50-minute sessions, which will meet on Thursdays beginning July 14 at the Mill Creek Activity Center, 6518 Vista Dr.
The younger age group session begins at 5:30 p.m., while the session for older children begins at 6:30 p.m. For either age group, the cost for four 50-minute sessions is $40 per person for Johnson County residents or $45 per person for nonresidents.
For more information or to register, call (913) 831-3359. To register online at www.jcprd.com, click on the green “Register for Activities” button and complete a barcode search for 34127 for the program for ages 6-8, or 34128 for ages 9-12.
More like this story
- Sailing class offered at Shawnee Mission Park Lake
- Family kayak lessons offered at Shawnee Mission Park
- Geocaching 'scavenger hunt' set later this month in Shawnee Mission Park
- County park district offers geocaching event in Shawnee Mission Park
- County's 50-plus department to offer bingo session in Shawnee