Regional soccer roundup: Mill Valley, St. James, De Soto win in semifinals
Mill Valley, St. James Academy and De Soto's soccer teams all won Tuesday in their Class 5A first-round regional matches.
The Jaguars made amends for a 3-1 road loss to Shawnee Heights in their third game of the season, as they shut out the Thunderbirds, 2-0. Senior Jansen McCabe scored both goals for the Jaguars.
Mill Valley (6-7-4) will remain on the road against Blue Valley Southwest (13-3-1) in the regional final, which is set for 6 p.m. Thursday. The Jaguars fell to the Timberwolves, 2-1, on Oct. 6.
St. James also earned a 2-0 victory after upending Sumner Academy at Schlagle Stadium. Sam Enna and Seth Barrick found the back of the net for the Thunder.
The Thunder (6-8-3) will play at 6 p.m. Thursday at De Soto in the regional championship match.
The Wildcats (12-5) advanced to the regional final with a 7-1 win over Schlagle Tuesday. Ethan Rodriguez and Carson Brier netted two goals apiece for De Soto. Daniel Apple, James Henggler and Rohan Singh also scored.
More like this story
- Former Shawnee-area hoops stars shine for Washburn in exhibition against No. 3 Kansas
- Soccer roundup: SJA, SMNW win while SMN falls
- Four SJA soccer players named to all-state first team; Enna named COY
- Tonganoxie calls special meeting for further financing disucssion
- St. James' Pickert commits to Southern Illinois