SM North alumnus Schneider named Kansas MVP of GKCFCA All-Star Game
Shawnee Mission North alumnus Will Schneider threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to SM West product Isreal Watson to account for the Kansas All-Star team's lone score in a 17-7 loss to the Missouri All-Stars in the Greater Kansas City Football Coaches Association All-Star Game on Thursday at Blue Springs South.
Schneider — a William Jewell signee — was named the Most Valuable Player for the Kansas team.
Other Shawnee area players to suit up for the Kansas team included SM North alumnus Danny Presler, ex-St. James standout Bryce Steffens, the former De Soto duo of Chance Montgomery and Lawson Marshall and Mill Valley products Keegan Zars, Blaine Boudreaux, Ben Hartman and Joel Donn.
The Missouri All-Star team won the contest for the seventh straight year, and holds a 14-11 all-time advantage.
More like this story
- Five area football players named to EKL, SFL first team
- MV's Applebee named KFBCA 5A COY; six area football players earn all-state honors
- Mill Valley football recognized by Kansas House of Representatives
- SM North's Schneider announced as Simone finalist, highlights all-metro team
- De Soto coach King, DHS lineman Kellner highlight all-state/all-league football selections