Volleyball roundup: De Soto remains perfect after sweep of Paola
The De Soto volleyball team kept rolling in its Frontier League opener with a 25-13, 25-20, 25-15 win over Paola on Tuesday.
The Wildcats (7-0, ranked No. 9 in Class 5A) have yet to drop a set this season.
De Soto will play Gardner-Edgerton and Newton in its home triangular, which will start at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
St. James drops showdown against BV West in three sets
In a clash of the No. 2-ranked teams in Class 5A and 6A, Blue Valley West outlasted St. James Academy in three sets, 25-21, 23-25, 25-15.
St. James (3-1) will be back in action for the Lee's Summit West tournament at 8 a.m. Saturday.
Maranatha suffers first loss
Maranatha Christian Academy started off strong, but fell in four sets to Barstow, 15-25, 25-18, 25-18, 25-22, on Tuesday.
Addi Pelham led the Eagles with 15 kills and four aces. Evie Flint paced the Eagles with 29 assists. Mallory Borgan and Elizabeth Goodman both had double-digits in digs with 12 and 10, respectively.
The Eagles (1-1) will try to bounce back at 6 p.m. Thursday when they travel to Harmon.
Mill Valley falls to Blue Valley Northwest
Mill Valley dropped its first road match of the season after falling to Blue Valley Northwest, 25-13, 25-23, on Tuesday.
The Jaguars fell to 1-3 after their loss to the Huskies, who are ranked No. 8 in Class 6A. Mill Valley will continue its Eastern Kansas League schedule with a triangular against BV Southwest and BV West at 5 p.m. Tuesday at BV West.
More like this story
- Volleyball roundup: De Soto, SMNW sweep triangulars; Maranatha upends Bishop Ward
- Maranatha upsets No. 1 Heritage Christian; SJA, DHS, SMNW record sweeps
- Volleyball roundup: SMNW pushes winning streak to eight; SJA wins two in Omaha
- Volleyball roundup: DHS tops Gardner-Edgerton; MCA sweeps Harmon; SMNW upends Emporia, falls to BVSW
- Volleyball roundup: De Soto wins Frontier League; St. James sweeps Olathe East