SMNW’s Nachbar nominated for McDonald’s All-American game
Shawnee Mission Northwest senior Jordann Nachbar was one of seven Kansas high school girls basketball players to be nominated to play in the McDonald's All-American basketball game on Wednesday.
Nachbar has averaged a double-double through the Cougars' first seven games with 14 points and 10 rebounds per contest.
Manhattan's Christianna Carr and Megan Worthington, Washburn Rural's Kendall Michalski, McPherson's Taylor Robertson, Lawrence High's E'lease Stafford and Olpe's Brianna Vogts were also among the 700-plus girls and boys players to be nominated. The Blue Valley Northwest trio of Parker Braun, Joe Pleasant and Sam Ward were the lone three boys nominees from Kansas.
The final 24-player roster will be announced on Tuesday. The game will be played on March 28 in Atlanta.
More like this story
- SMNW girls hoops kicks off summer with team camp
- SMNW girls hoops cruises to senior night win over Free State
- Comeback effort for Lady Cougars falls short against Lawrence; SMNW boys hoops upended by LHS
- Short-handed Cougars falter in second half against SM West
- Dominant defense key for SMNW girls hoops in win over Olathe East