De Soto bowling sweeps triangular at KC Bowl
The De Soto boys and girls bowling teams won their first meet of the season on Wednesday at KC Bowl.
Sean Cauthron and Maddy Calvello both claimed first-place finishes as they led the Wildcats with respective three-game series scores of 772 and 478.
Cauthron rolled games of 278, 268 and 226 to win the triangular by 103 pins. Tyler Lovegren followed in third with a 616 series, and got better as the day went on with games of 170, 200 and 246. Alex Bates (453 series), Alex Wright (439), Robert Stallbaumer (405) and Brayden Baxter (396) took ninth through 12th place, respectively.
The Wildcats posted a team score of 2,330 to edge Turner by 57 pins in the boys triangular. Schlagle finished third with 1,482 pins.
Calvello clipped teammate Amaya Pingry by one pin to win the girls triangular. Calvello rolled games of 149, 171 and 158, while Pingry posted scores of 161, 138 and 178. Tiye' Kindred joined Calvello and Pingry in the top five with a series of 432, which was good for fourth place. Megan Brownell rounded out the bowlers for De Soto by taking 13th place with a series of 227.
De Soto finished with a team score of 1,614 to top Turner by 53 pins in the girls triangular. Schlagle took third with 1,154 pins.
More like this story
- De Soto's Cauthron, Pingry win bowling triangular at KC Bowl; DHS girls edge ONW for team title
- Bowling roundup: De Soto, Mill Valley garner second-place finishes
- Bowling roundup: De Soto's Cauthron, Pingry win at KC Bowl
- SMNW, De Soto bowling teams sweep respective quadrangulars
- De Soto bowling trio, St. James' Lawrence qualify for 5-1A state meet