Bowling roundup: De Soto, Mill Valley garner second-place finishes
The De Soto and Mill Valley boys and girls bowling teams were both scheduled to compete in triangulars on Tuesday, but ended up competing in duels.
The Wildcats fell to Piper at Park Lanes, while the Jaguars finished second to Lansing at Crown Lanes. Sumner and Atchison didn't travel to the respective meets.
Sean Cauthron rolled a first-place three-game of series 662 to lead the De Soto team. Cauthron posted scores of 206 and 200 before breaking out with a 256 in the third game. Tyler Lovegren finished fifth with a series of 536, and led the Wildcats in Game 2 with a score of 214. Piper defeated De Soto, 2,348-2,174.
Maddy Calvello finished as the runner-up for De Soto in the girls competition with a series of 410. Calvello rolled games of 145, 114 and 151. Amaya Pingry followed in third place with a series of 396. Pingry led the Wildcats in Games 2 and 3 with scores of 120 and 158. Piper upended De Soto, 1,535-1,400.
The Jaguars also had a boys individual champion in Jack Matchette, who finished with a series of 620. Matchette's day went much like Cauthron's, as he recorded scores of 197, 180 and 243. The Lions' top four bowlers rounded out the top five, though, to help Lansing to a 2,321-2,053 victory.
Bri Laluk led the Mill Valley girls squad with a 556 series, which was good for third place. Laluk got better as the day went on — finishing with scores of 163, 183 and 210. The Lions topped the Jaguars, 1,935-1,740.
More like this story
- Mill Valley girls bowling 10th, boys 12th at 5-1A state meet; De Soto's Lovegren, MV's Laluk medal
- De Soto's Cauthron, Pingry win bowling triangular at KC Bowl; DHS girls edge ONW for team title
- De Soto bowling sweeps triangular at KC Bowl
- SMNW girls bowling, De Soto boys win Battle for Park Lanes; Mill Valley retains Cat Cup
- De Soto boys bowling trio places in top 20 at state; MV boys 10th, girls 12th