SMN boys swim and dive wins SMNW triangular; Cougars finish third
The Shawnee Mission North boys swim and dive team won the Shawnee Mission Northwest triangular on Thursday.
Trey Smith paced the Indians with first-place times of 1:54.56 in the 200-yard freestyle and 57.41 in the 100-yard butterfly. Smith also joined James Cameron, Luke Guthrie and Clayton McMillin on the Indians' first-place 400-yard freestyle relay team, which finished with a time of 3:31.14.
McMillin had an individual event victory of his own in the 100-yard backstroke after clocking in at 1:01.83. Caleb Sostarich added a victory in the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:23.60.
The Indians won the meet by more than 100 points over runner-up SM West. North will be back in action for its senior night triangular at 4 p.m. Tuesday against SM South and Olathe West.
Shawnee Mission Northwest's Scott Klein helped the Cougars to third place after winning the 50-and 100-yard freestyles with respective times of 22.37 and 49.68. Klein, Ben Harrell, Eric Gonzales and Matt Nolan accounted for the Cougars' other victory after finishing with a time of 1:35.92 in the 200-yard freestyle relay.
The Cougars will compete in a home dual against Shawnee Mission East at 4 p.m. Thursday.
More like this story
- SMN third, SMNW fifth at district swim and dive meet
- SMNW 11th, SMN 15th at Olathe Swim and Dive Invite
- School records fall for SMN, SMNW at Sunflower League swim and dive meet
- SMNW second, SM North third at SMN swim and dive triangular
- Swimming roundup: SMNW 10th, SMN 11th at Sunflower League meet; DHS seventh at Manhattan Invite