See current severe weather alerts.
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Here’s a checklist for your winter insurance coverage
- January 13, 2017
- The Kansas Insurance Department offers Kansans tips on winter coverage.
- Johnson County officials urge residents to prepare for ice storm
- January 13, 2017
- Here are a few tips to stay safe during the ice storm this weekend.
- Winter is coming: Preparation is name of game for winter road trips
- December 6, 2016
- As we approach the winter months and the busy holiday road trip season, taking a few minutes to winterize your car to ensure a safe driving season is well worth the time and effort.
- Kansas sees more tornadoes than normal, but most weak
- December 14, 2015
- Meteorologists say Kansas saw more tornadoes than normal this year, but all but a few were weak and short-lived.
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas
- November 29, 2015
- Authorities in Kansas are blaming four more traffic deaths in the Wichita area on the icy conditions gripping the state and other parts of the nation’s midsection.
- Power restored to more than 1,300 KCP&L customers in Shawnee
- 05:57 a.m., September 10, 2015 Updated 08:17 a.m.
- Kansas City Power & Light crews have restored power to more than 1,300 customers following a line of morning storms.
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- July 20, 2015
- No thrill-seekers here. These jetliner-flying storm chasers are on a scientific mission. They’re trying to figure out how to better predict a little-examined peculiarity of summer weather on the Great Plains: its enormous, and often ferocious, nighttime thunderstorms.
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- July 15, 2015
- Tornado sirens failed to go off in Nickerson as a tornado hit the area.
- Preliminary data has 99 tornadoes reported in Kansas in May
- June 9, 2015
- Preliminary data shows storms that hit Kansas in May prompted reports of 99 tornadoes in the state.
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- June 4, 2015
- The National Weather Service has issued more warnings and watches because of anticipated rainfall.