See current severe weather alerts.
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- March 2, 2015
- Weather officials in Kansas are worried that the state’s lack of tornados last year will make citizens complacent going into tornado season this spring.
- Kansas sees lowest tornado total in 25 years
- December 29, 2014
- Kansas officials say the state saw the lowest number of tornadoes this year in 25 years.
- Q&A: Drones might help explain how tornadoes form
- December 18, 2014
- Researchers say they have collected promising weather data by flying instrument-laden drones into big Western and Midwestern storms. Now, they want to expand the project in hopes of learning more about how tornadoes form.
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under tornado watch
- June 30, 2014
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for area counties, including Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties.
- Severe thunderstorm watch canceled, 150 without power in Shawnee
- 02:00 a.m., June 15, 2014 Updated 05:59 a.m.
- The severe thunderstorm watch has been canceled.
- Several northeast Kansas counties in severe thunderstorm watch
- June 5, 2014
- Several area counties are in severe thunderstorm watches today.
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories
- March 27, 2014
- In like a lion and out like a lion?
- Shawnee Mission, De Soto school districts cancel Monday classes
- March 2, 2014
- Both De Soto and Shawnee Mission school districts have canceled classes Monday due to weather conditions that are expected to feel well below freezing.
- Wind advisory in effect for local counties
- February 20, 2014
- Much of the area is under a wind advisory as a wintry mix of precipitation also is expected.
- Shawnee area districts cancel classes for third day in a row
- February 5, 2014
- For the third day in a row, De Soto and Shawnee Mission school districts have canceled classes due to the weather.